Monday, June 19, 2006

Sock Kit Swap Questionaire

Oops! I thought I had already posted this.

I have to admit, I'm not that particular and am looking forward to whatever my pal surprises me with. I'll probably answer most of these and if I don't have a real preference, I'll just put "Surprise Me".
  • What are your favorite colors? Usually I pick blues/greens, but enjoy working with something different...so you can "Surprise Me" on this one.
  • Are you a new sock knitter? No, I've been knitting socks for years.
  • Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Depends on what I'm up to. I like solids for textures/cables, but really enjoy how different multi's work up, so "Surprise Me"
  • What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Usually wool, but "Surprise Me"
  • Where do you usually knit socks? Everywhere, I carry a sock with me in case I need distraction or a quick knit fix.
  • How do you usually carry/store small projects? Often just tossed in the purse or tote.
  • What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? My friend's basic sock: cuff down, flap heel, wedge toe is my default sock pattern. However, I do like to play with other patterns, so "Surprise Me"
  • What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I often use short circs (10-11"), but also use DPs, two circs, magic loop with one really long circ, so "Surprise Me"
  • What new techniques would you like to try? "Surprise Me"
  • Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? Circs, but "Surprise Me"
  • What are some of your favorite yarns? Trekking XXL, self-striping, "Surprise Me"
  • What yarn do you totally covet? "Surprise Me"
  • Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Definitely "Surprise Me"
  • Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? This is more what I don't like...I'm not crazy about casein(?) or most plastic as the tips are pretty dull.
  • If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Here's another one more what I don't like...anything that feels like plastic.
  • Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate!
  • What’s your favorite animal? Right now, my Airedale, Gypsy.
  • Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? We have many pets, Gypsy (4 1/2 yo Airedale Terrier), Bubba & Trouble (2 yo old gray cats), Gwen (5 yo Giant Angora bunny), Dusty (an elderly Jersey Wooly bunny), Little Guy & Little Bit (2 more Jersey Wooly bunnies).
  • If you were a color what color would you be? It's summer, so maybe yellow or green???
  • Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. Must be comfy.
  • What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Tough one, there's just so much out there.
  • Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "There are no knitting police" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
  • Do you have a wishlist? Sure, but usually involves winning the lottery.
  • Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Nope.

By the way, Sock Pal, I've already got the yarn, hope you like it!

No comments: