Tuesday, April 24, 2007

2nd GVHG Fiber Weekend

During my travels the end of last week, I came up over a hill and saw these sheep. There were hundreds of them scattered about the pasture. I figured it was just a hint of good things to come.

This last weekend was our 2nd GVHG Fiber Retreat weekend at Stella Maris Camp on Conesus Lake. There are not many better ways to spend a weekend than with great friends, great fiber and great food/drink.

One camper was so excited/distracted that she left her home like this. Good thing the weather was even better than predicted, highs in the low 80's, sunny and just perfect, no shoes needed!

She did remember the important stuff...spinning wheel, fiber and snacks.

Most of us spent the days on the deck overlooking the lake. This last weekend was the first really nice, warm weekend since sometime last September or so. Since it snowed last weekend, we were all super-ready to enjoy basking in the sun. Besides, sun-warmed fleece spins ever so nicely.


Sunsets over water are just phenomenal. The colors and reflections are endlessly fascinating to me.

Does this look like a skein of yarn to you? I think I'll just try the technique that Cara's been using to choose colors.

Is this better? I see at least two different skeins...one of the sky and one of the water or maybe this is the time to try making my own self-striping yarn. Either way, I think it's time to make one of those warping boards that Scout wrote about and open up some dye!

No comments: