Thursday, April 19, 2007

Who Knew?


Who knew that I would still be here after a whole year? Yep, today is my first blogiversary. Much has happened over the last year, besides being another year older.

Gypsy clearly believes that there has been enough computer time, bring on the cuppy-cakes!

One of the best things to happen this last year is to become part of this knitting blogland. Not only have I made many new friends, but have actually had the opportunity to meet a few them in person. If you get the chance to meet a fellow blogger, do it. They are every bit as nice, clever and fun to be with as they are on line!

I'd have to say the most inconvenient award goes to being laid-off. I do miss having a job, but I don't miss working for that company. I keep on job-hunting, so something is bound to come up, sooner or later!

The sock (and I) were taken out to dinner Friday night. I thought it was mighty convenient of the restaurant to supply props for sock pictures. DH said if I took one more picture of the sock he was leaving us both there. Now one would think that this was quite muggle-ish, but he did mention both of us...

There has been fibery goodness this last weekend. I went to Knit One Scrapbook Too for a sale and came away with some sock yarn and another 11" Addi size 0. Another stop was at the Artistry in Thread event at the local museum. It was a nice shopping event, but to be honest, I was really expecting there to be more textile exhibits. All was not lost, as some hand-dyed merino-tencel from Winderwood Farms had to come home with me.

The previously mentioned sock has been completed. It is the ridged feather pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks (Charlene Schurch). I tried a new toe this time...since there were 66 stitches, I chose to decrease 6 times, evenly spaced around the toe. This makes a nice round toe for my short, wide little feet. I've even started the second one.

The daffodils took another beating earlier this week. Thankfully, not quite as crushing as the last time. We were saved, get this, by warmer air from Canada!

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Happy 1 year Blog-Anniversary! Hope you have many more to come!

SheepsPyjamas said...

Happy blogiversary! I've only just discovered your blog, so I'm quite glad you've made it this far... You deserve a cupcake in honor of the day!

Deb said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!!I hadn't cruised the blogs for a few days- so I missed it!!!!

Lene Andersen said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm definitely glad you're out here/there - allowed me to add another friend to the roster. Mojo likes it, too, but she's more mercenary - it may be due to those catnip pockets. ;)