Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fresh Air

My seasonal job brought me all the way up to the lake shore today (Lake Ontario). It had finally stopped raining and had even warmed up a bit. I came around the corner saw this:

Ahh, fresh air, windswept tree and a waterscape.

Obviously, a much better smelling scene than my home at the moment.

As near as we can tell, Gypsy startled one of these nocturnal creatures the other night, causing it to spray in the general direction of our house. The breeze blew the scent cloud over Gypsy, then to our garage and then into the house.

For those of you who live in areas where there are no skunks, count your blessings. If you have never smelled their odor, it is one of the nastiest, most obnoxious, pervasive smells known to mankind. Again, count your blessings.

We have deskunked Gypsy (which was much easier than you would think). We opened all the windows yesterday (a chilly proposition...only 40 F). What I wouldn't give for a few nice, warm breezy days! I was out for awhile yesterday and noticed that my car smelled like skunk, so I ran it through a carwash. We have sprayed couches, chairs, floors, curtains and air with various scent-removing products.

The house still smells like skunk. Not as strong as it was, but it still smells. So tell me something? Why can't the air freshener people come up with something that smells better than skunk and lasts as long?

No comments: