Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Pretty Good Week

For the most part, it's been a pretty good week around here. It hasn't snowed as much and we even found the driveway under about 10 inches of hard-packed snow and ice. That took a quite a bit of chipping and lots of help from a few milder, sunny days. The mild days put an extra spring in Gypsy's step and even Bubba was glad to be outside for a change.

I finished a project almost on time. I made this scarf for Mom for her birthday last week and got it to her Friday; it was actually finished the day after her birthday. It is Argosy, from the last issue of Knitty. I'm telling y'all, it is always worth checking Knitty for an interesting pattern!

Do you think I cut it close enough for the amount of yarn needed?

There are some other finished projects that I'll try to take some decent pictures of in the daylight.

DD is slowly recovering from having her wisdom teeth (all 4 of them) liberated from her jaws. She's certainly not 100% yet, but she can talk again, wants to eat a bit and is starting to make jokes again. She even went out on her own for the first time today.

Today, I spent the day at the computer. I paid bills, did the income taxes for both the Feds and New York state, e-filed them, and filed FAFSA and NYS financial aid forms for 2007. Goodness, what a grim way to spend the day, but at least it's done for another year! Or at least another month as far as the bills are concerned.

Tonight, it is snowing again. Gypsy came in much, much whiter than this. She says that she's trying to be the same color as Bear. Bear is a standard poodle that, sadly, lives too far away to be her playmate.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Dear Gypsy-This is Big Bear. Yeah, the white guy. There is a pup that looks like you on our street, but I know it isn't you. She gives me the brush off sometimes. But we can be pen pals- just as soon as I learn how to type.
Two sniffs and 3 licks,
Bear