Monday, September 18, 2006

Saturday Sky at Fingerlakes Fiber Fest


Spending the entire weekend, including Saturday night, at our Fingerlakes Fiber Fest is definitely in my top 10 really good ways to spend a weekend. Maybe even in the top 5. The weather was cooperative for the weekend, although it had rained lots the week before, so there was much muck to be found. This is the sun setting on Saturday evening over one of the barns. There are 2 barns and 3 buildings of fibery goodness. I am a bad blogger as I really didn't take any pictures to speak of the entire weekend.

Saturday night after the gates close is great fun. There's a pot-luck for those staying on the grounds and a spin-in until whenever.

My stash enhancement was minor. For some reason, silk keeps attaching itself to me this summer/fall. I have stopped putting it off and finally spun some. I like it, a lot. It feels completely different than anything else. I suppose I'll keep it as "pet yarn" for awhile until it's project comes along. The green/blue was such a good deal that it jumped into my bag, then I found the nifty purse pattern. It doesn't call for the bag to be felted, but I think I'll just knit it up on bigger needles and go for it!

No comments: