Friday, April 21, 2006

The stuff dreams are made of...


This yarn just jumped into my hands the other day and said "Pet me!" It's sinfully soft, hand-painted, 100% alpaca. The colors are even better in person. I had to bring it home, didn't I? I haven't put it away with the rest of the stash because I'm still admiring it.

And then there is this project...spinning a laceweight yarn. Like this blog, that's another thing that I thought I could admire other people doing with no plan to actually do myself. This fibery goodness is a blend of Cotswold lamb and alpaca called "Brown Sugar" from Nistock Farms.

What is to become of these two wonders? Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, dude, measure the heel of your hand to the tip of your finger...mine measures 15.5 cm.

We'll see who's more hobbit-like. But I'll bet I'm shorter than you. 1m52. Five feet. All she wrote. Jeez. My mom is shorter, if you can believe it, and so was her dad.

Diane said...

OK, my hand measures 17.5 cm, which might still qualify for hobbit-like.