Monday, September 10, 2007

Reality Shows

Quite some time ago, Lene asked me if I watched any of the reality shows that are cropping up all over TV. I said that I didn't and really had no interest in them, either.

However, as time goes by, I have changed my mind, a bit, and do watch a few of them. Here are my most-often watched:

Design Star on HGTV: I rather like a show that insists on some kind of talent that the competitor's have skill in. This season's show had an assortment of interesting characters, all of which were talented designers. They're down to selecting the winner this coming Sunday evening.

Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel: What's not to love about this one? These guys are modern day cowboys (and probably certifiably nuts). Every winter, when the ice gets thick enough north of Yellowknife (Northwest Territories, Canada), a road is built across numerous frozen lakes to move cargo/supplies to isolated mines. This one's all over for the season except for the reruns.

And last, but not least, Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge on CMT: I really, really like rodeo. One of my favorite things to do is to watch rodeo (in person, upwind to stay out of the dust). There is no "probably nuts" about these guys, they are definitely insane. They have collected an assortment of celebrities who learn to ride a bull. Friday night is the last show. Sigh.

Honorable mention actually goes to Dallas Cheerleaders, Making the Team, also on CMT. I really don't know why I get sucked into this one. I never had any interest in cheerleading and was definitely not part of the sports-inclined group in high school or college. I find the first few episodes the most entertaining to watch as they weed out individuals who really had no business auditioning to begin with. They do keep my interest as an effort is made every week to explain how selections are made.

Pretty odd selection, isn't it?

2 comments:

Mouse said...

It seems that there isn't much to watch on tv if you don't watch reality shows! I'm partial to Project Runway, Tim Gunn's "Guide to Style", and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC

Lene Andersen said...

(cackling evilly): Another one bites the dust. Moohahahahahaaaa...