Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Very Blue Saturday Sky

Today was one of those picture-perfect fall days. There wasn't a cloud in the sky (really, I'm not making this up) and about 65 F. Gypsy and I went for a walk in the park, because, really, what else should you do when it's that nice out?

For absolutely gorgeous, it's hard to beat a sugar maple in the the fall.

We are really lucky to have a park like this nearby. Some of it is wide open cut grass and there are some nice pavilions. Best of all are the miles of trails through fields, woods and even swamps.

These bushes have lots of little white berries on them. Normally, the leaves are a very dark red in autumn. I have no idea what they're called, but they're everywhere.

Even fluffy milkweed looks cool. These were still on the plant, but there were some on the trail that looked like little angora bunnies sunning themselves.

And last, but not least, a single leaf on a bed of moss in the woods.

3 comments:

Mouse said...

What a beautiful tree! I miss seeing colors like that here in the south.. sometimes I really miss being back home (up north).

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mouse, I miss seeing the colors of fall in Pennsylvania where I grew up. October was always my favorite month. We lived half-way up the mountain and it was brilliant to watch the mountains change colors! The trees in the forest here are no where near as vibrant.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for the lovely photos!

We've had great weather here, too, and similarly gorgeous leaves.