Sunday, October 15, 2006

Belated Saturday Sky

I actually did take a picture of the sky on Saturday. Obviously, it didn't get posted until now. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. She has put together a group of sock machine knitters. This was quite convenient as DH had brought home a sock machine from an auction earlier this year. One of the other members is an absolute whiz at repairing them. He looked over my Auto-Knitter and declared it to be in very good shape and only needs one part fixed. My homework is to clean up all the parts and to try to put it back together myself.

I have been knitting some, but have gotten distracted by putting together this wallhanging. I've wanted something much more fall-like for above the woodstove for quite awhile. Bubba was my fairly constant "helper" with this project.

Now that it's definitely fall, the days are shorter and there's a chill in the air, it's feeling like spinning and knitting weather. I believe that it's time to do a bit of stash diving and see what appeals to me.

In the meantime, I dug out my fake pumpkin. As much as I enjoy carving out a real pumpkin (and that great pumpkin/candle smell), this one is much easier!

No comments: