Sunday, October 21, 2007

October?

Our unseasonable stretch of warm weather continues. Today was 80F. This is not usual around here. More usual is what happened last year (Friday the 13th). It seems odd to be knitting outside in the warm sunshine.

Last month was our Finger Lakes Fiber Festival and I realized that I forgot to show my stash enhancement from that weekend. I'm quite surprised at my restraint. The gray and red yarn is Jamieson's, there is Noro and all were a steal at $2 each. Quite some time ago, I had seen these clear boots and thought they were just neat (however, a bit pricey), another steal at $9. The green yarn is hand-dyed and for a special project. The vest/sweater pattern, called Raveneli, looks like a really good pattern to use with handspun (check out their cursor on the home page). I also picked up half a pound of Navajo-Churro roving. Every year, I get something that I haven't spun before.

I am still completely in love with Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters. So far, I've completed one pair of Ocean Toes socks and was so impressed with the fit, that I immediately cast on another pair from the book: Fountain Foxgloves. This is the first pair of toe up socks that I have been completely satisfied with the fit.

I am a haphazard housekeeper. I can always come up with something else to do that is ever so much more interesting to do. I think it's because of things like this. Even when I do try, things like this happen.

No comments: