Monday, October 08, 2007

Columbus Day

Today was Columbus Day here in in the States. For the first time since grade school, I had the day off (another distinct advantage of working for a school district).

I must say that I had a pretty good day. Since it is still uncharacteristically warm around here (I think it topped out around 85F or so today), I gave our dog a bath and aired out a wool blanket (for use when cold weather does return). Deciding that was enough work for a holiday, I spent a good portion of the day here:

I made myself some iced coffee and settled down to knit my first pair of socks from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters-Book One. Cat's mind works in many wonderous ways and this is another winner of a book as far as I'm concerned. I was quite skeptical that the new construction method would fit well, but went ahead and started Ocean Toes. I have one sock done and it fits fabulously well. I'm up to turning the heel on the second sock. In fact, it fits so well, that my next pair is going to be one of the toe-up designs. I hope that they fit as well, as I have not been impressed with the way the standard toe-up socks fit my feet.

As mentioned above, the weather has been unusually warm and summer-like in our region. This Saturday Sky picture looks more like summer to me, rather than the first week of October.

No comments: