Sunday, May 20, 2007

Time Flies

We've all heard that you get more done when you have less time to do it in. I believe that's true. I managed to get through my first week back at a regular job. Honestly, the week just flew right by; before I knew it, it was Friday afternoon.

Progress has been made on this year's "get your act together" project, a.k.a reaming out the garage. One wall is complete and I'm really quite pleased with how it looks. I'm even more pleased at how much brighter the garage appears. We will be moving on to the adjoining wall/corner and then on to painting half the floor. This is definitely a job to be done in parts.

The wisteria appears to be over it's pouting (it really hasn't bloomed well over the past couple of years) and is putting on a very nice show. The weather turned cool this last week, so the flowers are lasting quite awhile.

As far as knitting is concerned, I've started two different pairs of socks at once. The Meilenweit on the left has only the ribbing done as I haven't quite decided on the pattern yet. The bit done on the right is one of Charlotte Schurch's tessellated patterns from Sensational Knitted Socks (actually, it's going to be the one on the cover). The blue yarn is KnitPicks and the orange is Trekking.

Bubba is sure that he likes any activity that includes a cuddle. All this upheaval this week has clearly tuckered him out.

2 comments:

Calling on Kahlo said...

I love your garage! We just moved in this year and the garage is one super huge project. It has wood walls and the concrete is all ugly, just a mess.

Cute cat photo!

Lene Andersen said...

Love the picture of Bubba and his wee tongue sticking out - now that's a power napper!