Monday, January 29, 2007

Still Snowing...

I, for one, really didn't mind (much, except for the mud) the non-winterness of November, December and part of January. Let's face it, you don't have to shovel rain. I just checked on Accuweather and it has snowed for the past 17 days around here. No big storms, no big amounts, just some snow every. single. day. There is snow in the forecast for the next 8 days, too.

To cheer things up a bit, I knitted up a pair of mittens to coordinate with the Branching Out scarf from Knitty. They are Elizabeth Zimmermann's mitered mittens from Knitter's Almanac. Nice pattern. The little leaves on the back are from Nicky Epstein's Knitting On the Edge.

Bubba is unimpressed with the monotony of the weather. It continues to amuse me that this cat, who has many, many softer options for snooze locations, has chosen to sleep in a too small box.

2 comments:

elizabeth marley said...

Your scarf and mittens are awesome! I love those colors together. And the cat in the clementine box is hilarious!

Deb said...

The mitts and the scarf are truly lovely!!! I have that pattern for the mitts-hmm-think I have to go and make some!