Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer's Here!

Finally, summer got here. A little on the over-achieving side, but I'll deal with it. Of course, we've been quite busy, like most of us get in the summer.

The other day, I was behind a dump truck. Has anyone else thought that this sign is one of the dumbest signs ever to have on the back of a truck? You can only see one of these signs if you
are following the truck. What am I supposed to do? Turn around and go the other way?

Last Sunday, DD showed at Erie Co
unty Fair outside of Buffalo, NY. This fair has been right up there competing with being the largest fair in the United States (including state fairs).
I had heard that it was better than NYS Fair and you know what, it is. The grounds are clean and well organized, they have maps, there are exhibits, there are cheesy midway shows, there is a midway, animals, etc...way too much to see in one 95 degree day. Yes, it was hot. Very hot. Despite the heat, DD and Sugar did very, very well: 4 2nds, 1 3rd, 2 4th, 1 5th. They showed English, Western and Games, so were busy all day long.

I've been helping hubby on a job site. My job...stripping wallpaper. The interesting turn of events is that we used to own the house. Yes, I am stripping the wallpaper that I put up over 25 years ago. Let me tell you...always, always size the walls. It sure has made the job move right along. I must say that I did a pretty good job hanging it, too. Other than places where it had been much abused by the interim owner, it's still on the walls.

As far as future fiber biz is concerned, progress is slow. It's summer and many people that I need help from are on vacation and/or very busy. As much as I want to go faster, I'll just keep plugging along on the planning end and just keep on calling people until they answer!

I've gotten some very good feedback on the survey and I thank everyone who's participated. It's still active on Survey Monkey, so Click Here to take survey.

As summer is winding down, I'm sure some of you are thinking that school starts (or even has started in some areas) soon. So, how about an "Ivy League Cat"?


1 comment:

Deb said...

Does your husband call you "the Stripper" and play approprite music????????????