Finishing items on the to-do list is rather rewarding, especially if there are few fun items on it. DH, DD and I have gotten quite a few tasks done at my Mom's new (and old) home. I've been helping DH with some of his jobs and getting a bit of a start on outside clean up on nice days.
It's supposed to be rainy/chilly tomorrow, so I'll do the normal job hunt thing first, then I'll see about getting some seeds started. It's a little late, but only by about a week.
The weaving class ended last week (sigh). The teacher, Joyce, was just wonderful. The perfect combination of knowledge, encouragement and teaching skills. My first project were some mug rugs.
Another project that had been hanging around for awhile was to do something with a friend's horse's mane. Yikes! The stuff is not a pleasure to spin. Even combed, it is coarse and it doesn't really want to be spun. Bits stick out and are quite prickly. I stuck with it long enough for a small skein of singles that I steamed to set the twist. Then I used a Weavette loom to come up with a small square. That and some stash fabric adds up to a small purse.
There is a small antique show next weekend, so I thought I would see if some handwoven pillows would go over well. I've got the loom all warped and part of one done. All of the yarn is Kitchen Cotton out of stash. Might as well use that to test the waters.