Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow Day!

More accurately, really, really cold and windy day. But who cares, same result...one gets a surprise day off.

Of course, first I went back to bed. After getting up at a reasonable hour, I read the paper, had a chunk of homemade coffee cake and then contemplated what else to occupy myself with.

I continued to work on my Hitchhiker wheel. I decided that it was about time that I got some finish on it. The parts that have been stained look really good. The parts that are to be painted are also looking pretty good, but I think I want them a darker shade. I'll go out tomorrow and get some darker colored paint.

I spun a bit. Yes, I have more than one spinning wheel. Funny thing, when I started spinning, I could not imagine why you would want more than one wheel. There are now 5 spinning wheels and a few drop spindles around here. Hmmm, future blog material.

I knit a bit on the forever socks. There is an entire blog likely to be written on just how many ways I managed to screw them up before finding my way.

Are there any pictures of the above. Not yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!!! Our snow days/cold days are for the kids- I still have to schlep myself over to the school!!!!!!!!!!!!