Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stash Enhancement

It must of been something in the air. The cooler (finally), more autumn-like air, the last of the leaves turning, even a few snow flurries about, I'm not sure sure. I was really quite a good girl at our Fiber Fest in September and really didn't come home with much.

This last weekend, I fell off the wagon, badly. First I went to my friend, Joan's, sale at her shop, Cloverleaf Farms. She's moving, so she put everything on sale at 20% off. Before I knew it, I had some hand-dyed BFL (Blue-Faced Leicester) and some Wensleydale. Also some wonderful "bits" from her mixed bin. Some merino/silk blend in a nifty green colorway. Bubba reviews and approves of my choices.

I'm very happy for Joan. She made it to retirement from of our area's employers (no mean feat, that!) and is moving to the Asheville, NC area. I'm also a bit sad, as she won't be down the street for me to visit (and get a colorful fiber fix) at a moment's notice. I'm going to miss her, a lot, but I do see a road trip in the future.

Next I was off to another friend's place, Wild Iris Alpacas. He is also planning on moving, so other fine goodies leaped into my hands. 14 balls of alpaca/silk blend in colors that I just love and a pound of washed Corriedale. Yep, it is every bit as white, shiny and crimpy as the picture shows.

Ray, however, may be moving closer to me...perhaps he ought to check out Joan's house?

I want to drop what I'm spinning immediately. Which is a really lovely, hand-dyed blue superwash from High Bid Farms...yet another friend...I am so lucky!

No comments: