Friday, May 12, 2006

Finished Objects!


Thank goodness, I'm finally finished with the Jaywalker socks. It just boggles my mind that sometimes a project (with a really good, easy-to-follow pattern) can just beat you up from day one. Yes, I did run out of the patterned yarn (so very little left) and just finished up the toes in navy blue. They're both the same, so it even looks somewhat planned.

I did discover that, even though I struggled constantly with these socks, that they contained powerful mojo. I had to run some errands on the way home from work yesterday that included navigating myself down a mostly 4-lane road with much construction and what seems like a million traffic lights. I put the sock in my lap with the intention of knitting at each of the lights that I got stuck waiting for (they're all long ones, too). I don't think that I got even half a round knitted all the way home. I could almost think about being sorry that I've finished them!

Another FO: Mason-Dixon washcloths and soap for my Mom for Mother's Day. I milled some soap to match. Probably could have done better on the molding, but I didn't think that there would be enough time for the soap to dry before Sunday.


Spring around here is always a bit of a wonder. Years ago, we planted some wisteria vines to help windbreak/shade our patio. They grew rampantly (like get out the machete at least once a month), but didn't get flowers for years. Garden stores and other experts would say that wisteria just doesn't bloom around here; it's too far north. The first time I saw some of these kind of fuzzy, purplish-brown things on it, I thought there was something terribly wrong with the vines. What a lovely surprise to find out they they turn into really long, really big flower clusters. I'm also glad to report that our wisteria seems to be over it's pouting. It hadn't bloomed at all since a late frost froze the flower buds a few years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»